Have you ever thought about making a wedding cake, or a special birthday or anniversary cake? If so, then this is the course for you. This course will teach you all you need to know to ice and assemble a multi-tiered cake along with some finishing touches.
In this course you will learn:
- How to cut and fill your cake with jam and buttercream
- How to prepare and cover your cakes with rolled fondant icing
- How to cover your cake board and finish it with a ribbon
- How to colour fondant and knead it to the correct consistency
- How to use dowel rods in the correct positions and cut them to the right length for the cake above.
- How to glue the cakes together using royal icing
- How to finish your cakes with ribbons
- Some simple but affective royal icing techniques to decorate your cake with
- Including brush embroidery, simple dots and how to space them accurately and how to put a pattern onto a cake.
All tools and equipment will be provided for you, including a cake board and tall box to take your finished cakes home with you.
Please bring with you a 4", 6" & 8" round sponge cakes which you will work with. Alternatively, I can provide the 3 sponge cakes for you for an additional £20.
An afternoon tea style lunch will be provided for you.
10am – 4.30pm, Weekdays - £85 - Please book early as places are limited to 3 students so as to ensure that you have my full attention for the duration of the course.