Make, Bake and Decorate
Roll up your sleeves and get stuck in to learning how to make the perfect sponge suitable for any occasion. This course is suitable to anyone who would like to improve their baking skills as well as learning how to cut, fill and ice a cake with rolled fondant icing.
On this course you will learn:
- How to make and bake your own cake.
- How to cut and fill your cake with jam and buttercream
- How to prepare and cover your cake with rolled fondant icing
- How to cover your cake board and finish it with a ribbon
- How to colour fondant and knead it to the correct consistency
- How to use fondant for decorating
- You will learn how to make soft fondant into a medium suitable for making decorations
- You will learn a few basic sugar flowers including blossoms and gerbera
- You will learn how to use a range of letter cutters to add writing to your cakes
- You will have time to use the skills you've learnt to finish off your cake to take home with you
Lunch will be provided along with tea, coffee and homemade cake.