Free your domestic goddess (gods are welcome too!) and learn how to decorate a cake to wow all of your friends and family. This class is suitable for beginners or those wanting to brush up on their skills.
On this course you will learn:
- How to cut and fill your cake with jam and buttercream
- How to prepare and cover your cake with rolled fondant icing
- How to cover your cake board and finish it with a ribbon
- How to colour fondant and knead it to the correct consistency
- How to use fondant for decorating
- You will learn how to make soft fondant into a medium suitable for making decorations
- You will learn a few basic sugar flowers including blossoms and gerbera
- You will learn how to use a range of letter cutters to add writing to your cakes
- You will have time to use the skills you've learnt to finish off your cake to take home with you
All tools and equipment will be provided for you, including a box and cake board to take your finished cake home in, buttercream and fondant icing. Please bring a round sponge cake with you, no larger than 7". A sponge cake can be provided for you at a small extra cost.
Please bring with you an apron and lots of creativity!
£50 - Please bring your own sponge cake, approx 7" in diameter
£58 - A 7" round sponge cake will be provided for you