In this very hands on workshop, you will learn how to bake and decorate your own box of cupcakes and a celebration cake which you will be able to take home to enjoy with your friends and family. This is a great class for beginners wanting to take their skills to the next level. You will also have the benefit of knowledge from two bakers as day one will be taught by Chloe from the Round Table and day two will be taught by Clare from Clare’s Cake Boutique.
In this relaxed, hands-on class, you will learn how to make delicious cupcakes and lovely smooth buttercream. You will look at colouring icing and learn lots of different ways to pipe your cupcakes, experimenting with different nozzles. You will also learn to make handmade roses, as well as decorations with moulds and plunger cutters. You can then get creative with heaps of sprinkles, decorations and edible glitter before boxing up your goodies with lovely ribbons to take home. You will also learn how to make a 7” sponge cake ready for day 2.
You will learn how to create a fantastic celebration cake from the sponge that you baked on day 1. The skills covered are:
- How to cut and fill your cake with jam and buttercream
- How to prepare and cover your cake with rolled fondant icing to achieve a smooth finish
- How to cover your cake board and finish it with a ribbon
- How to colour fondant and knead it to the correct consistency
- How to use fondant for decorating
- You will have time to use the skills you've learnt to finish off your cake to take home with you.
Please bring a packed lunch with you. Tea, coffee and homemade snacks will be available throughout the days.